Speaking & training
My speaking style has shifted incredibly over the past 20 years since I first gave a presentation at a midwifery conference. Nowadays, my talks are more like conversations (and with podcasts, they are conversations). They are personable, vulnerable, interactive and inspiring.
I speak about resilience, self-care, writing, content strategy, marketing, the future of work and human-centred communication and design.
Book a free 15 minute session with me to discuss your next conference, event or podcast.
Podcast production, hosting & training
Podcasting is one of the most impactful communication methods, not only because podcasts keep people’s attention for longer but because they are also one of the best ways to connect with colleagues and industry influencers.
We will soon be launching a new Web3 podcast.
I have run a variety of paid writing, branding, marketing and personal development workshops over the past few years for organisations like Queensland Science, ClarkKann Lawyers, The Healing Foundation and PAC Blockchain. I am currently developing a workshop on writing for Web3.
Writing workshops: I empower participants to write engaging thought leadership articles and brand content. They leave the workshop with a finished first draft they can be proud of.
Brand values workshop: Participants leave the workshop with clarity around their brand culture and identity.
Marketing workshops: This is a two day workshop. I guide participants through a marketing review, customer journey mapping, and content ideation. I also teach them social media marketing and website best practices. This workshop is great for community groups and SMEs.
One-on-one training and strategy development: I often work with clients on retainer to both teach and create a marketing strategy. Please book a time below to talk about any of my workshops.
My speaking portfolio
See below for talks and presentations I’ve done over the past 15 years:
- Radical Self-care Summit host and speaker, June 2022
- Brand values workshop for Unido Executive Team, March 2022
- I facilitate regular rooms on Clubhouse for the 180Selfcare Club, 2021 to present
- Interviewed by UK TV personality Pete Cohen on Clubhouse, 2021
- GHD Digital, Future Water Podcast host, 2020 to 2021
- The Healing Foundation, writing and social media workshop (online), August 2020
- Flying Arts Alliance, social media marketing workshop at TAFE Queensland, May 2019
- Flying Arts Alliance, Somerset Council social media marketing workshop, April 2019
- QODE Festival workshop on content marketing, April 2019
- Flying Arts Alliance, Redcliffe Art Society workshops on social media marketing and writing, December 2018 and February 2019
- WP Engine Marketing seminar, March 2019
- Queensland Government Department of Innovation, Science and Communication, TalkITup session, November 2018
- Lexi Business Writer’s Conference presentation on Content Marketing, Brisbane, 2018
- Thought-leading Content Workshops, 2017 to 2018 (for ClarkeKann, Bluechilli, Coding Kids, T4E, and Queensland Science)
- QUT Foundry, 2018, Content marketing for startups
- Writally Bloghackathon events, 2016 to 2018
- Content Strategy Meetup, Brisbane, 2017
- Networx Panel on Blogging, 2016
- Full-day writing workshop for Workforce Queensland, 2016
- Greater Springfield Orthodontics Study Group, presentation on social media for health professionals, 2015
- Problogger workshop panel, Brisbane, 2015
- Friends of the Birth Centre, Queensland, 25-year anniversary event, 2015, guest speaker
- Content Strategy Meetup, Brisbane, March 29, 2015
- Kitchen Table Network Gold Coast Branch March 22, 2014
- Australian Virtual Assistant Conference in Brisbane, talk on content marketing
- Facebook Bootcamps at the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane, 2013
- City of Monash, Victoria, Women’s Business Networking Event, 2013
- The Commonwealth Government Sponsored Homebiz Connect roadshow in Brisbane, 2013
- Ipswich Women in Business Networking Event, August 2012 – “How to attract and serve your ideal clients.”
- The VBAC Wars. Australian Midwifery Expo, Brisbane, Qld, November 2008, and Birth After Caesarean Intervention (BACI) Consortium Seminar, at University of Technology, Sydney, April 2009
- But what if I want an epidural? How to reach women stuck in the medical model of care. Homebirth Australia conference, Sydney, November 2007
- Creating the Journey of Healing. Australian College of Midwives, National Conference, Canberra, September 2007
- Forgotten Mothers: Advocating for family-centred caesareans. Australian College of Midwives, Queensland State Conference, Gold Coast, July 2007
- BAC together: The consumer perspective on the benefits of collaborative care for women giving birth after caesareans. Breathing New Life into Maternity Care, Sydney, Australia, December 2006
Book a free session with me below to discuss your speaking and training needs.